Thank you to all who entered for their sharing their love and creative spirit with the KZE Staff! What an absolute joy it was to look at your pictures, read your poems, listen to your songs… At times we were moved to tears. Below are the finalists submissions and winner of the drawing. Click here to review the contest rules.
William Clarke “Love From Sunrise To Sunset: Nature of The Northeast”
Many thanks to our wonderful sponsors who provided the incredible Grand Prize Package!
- Overnight stay at Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa in Milton, NY [ButtermilkFallsInn.com]
- A 60 minute couples massage at Buttermilk Spa [ButtermilkFallsInn.com/spa]
- Dinner for 2 at Henry’s at the Farm Restaurant [ButtermilkFallsInn.com/henrys]
- A beautiful piece of jewelry from Hudson Valley Goldsmith in New Paltz, NY [HudsonValleyGoldsmith.com]
- An extraordinary bouquet of flowers from Meadowscent in New Paltz & Gardiner [Meadowscent.com]
Kevin Abney “Eye Heart Tacos”
Rosalie Esposito “Our Goal 99/100”
David Capellaro “A Valentine’s Wish”
In the evening
When the sun is going down
I will think of you along my way,
And I will revel in the memories I have wound of you
Like golden threads of love, into my day.
I will see you standing in the nighttime light,
Wind blowing through your hair,
Bright starshine in your eyes,
The half moon glowing its soft substance on your skin,
And you’ll come flowing to me like the wind.
When in the morning
As the sun is rising strong ,
You will be the spark that starts my day.
Your presence in my mind will carry me along
Through solitude or come whatever may.
And so I ask myself
Again just one more time,
Will this day be the day that you are truly mine?
If you so feel the same and call upon my door,
No dream will ever be as wonderful.
Madeline Friedman “Cat Dreams”